Nauticus is developing a user-friendly, efficient and secure crypto banking solution including payments & eCommerce solutions. Read on for our interview with the CEO Bryan Ng.
Key ICO Information:
- Symbol: NTS
- Exchange Rate: 0.00001 BTC
- Soft Cap: 8,000,000 USD
- Hard Cap: 88,000,000 USD
- Total Supply: 2,500,000,000 NTS
Where did the inspiration for your ICO come from?
From all the conversations that Nauticus’s co-founder and COO Jonathan Chang and I had in the year before founding Nauticus. Jonathan is one of my closest friends and we share the same vision and believe in the transformative power of blockchain technology. In our conversations, we envisioned a one-stop shop that would allow everyone to trade in crypto and fiat, and at the same time offer key banking services at ultra-low fees, making crypto available for everyone. Our inspiration simply stems from the idea that no one should be left behind.
How will your business make money in the future?
Through our green mining centre and eCommerce platform.
How big is your team at the moment?
We recently moved to Collins St in Melbourne, Australia. The area is known for its cafes, cultural life and opulent architecture. Most of the buildings in the area were erected during the ‘Gold Rush’, when Melbourne was one of the richest city in the world. We occupy the entire 5th floor of a building and so far have around 30 full-time employees at head office and another 20 that work part-time, as we believe that parents or carers, and students require flexible positions. Nauticus has also opened an office in Shanghai. All up we have representatives and partners in 30 countries worldwide, and about 100 employees all up.
What is the idea behind your ICO?
The funds are being used to launch Nauticus Exchange, which is the pillar of our six banking and eCommerce solutions. Our exchange will launch in August this year and will offer users 100 crypto and seven fiat. In one year we expect to be offering 300 crypto and 16 fiat. Nauticus Exchange will also offer global payment processing, allowing users and merchants to send and receive payments, much like PayPal and Western Union combined but with much lower fees and live market rates. Nauticus’s operations will pose a huge power demand and to make sure we fulfill the needs, we are working towards the construction of a green blockchain mining centre. The centre will produce enough energy to power our mining demands and generate extra revenue.
Can you walk us through the critical components of your business and how it will work?
There are six critical components:
- Our international crypto and fiat currency exchange is a high-speed currency exchange, enabling ICO backers to immediately trade Nauticus Coins with 100 crypto and seven fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY, HKD, AUD, CNY and ZAR). The platform will be able to support a million transactions per second and combined with the Nauticus Wallet mobile app, users of any device and in any country will enjoy fast and easy access to their funds. This is the foundation platform for our other banking and eCommerce solutions. Nauticus Exchange will launch in August 2018.
- Establish a green blockchain mining center that provides cheaper and faster transactions for all our users and at the same time generate revenue to further expand our operations. The use of renewable energy and highly efficient equipment will keep costs low and help to deliver a social benefit for developing economies as part of the profits will be returned to local communities to help with education and health. Partnerships will be created with governments to create sustainable projects and economic growth. The mine will generate funds to support the subsequent business expansion.
- Our coin, the NTS, will underpin our eCommerce platform, allowing businesses and users to buy and sell with their Nauticus Exchange Wallet and Nauticus Coins. Our platform will charge ultra-low processing feeds and include a suite of measures to ensure trust and protect against fraud.
- Merchant payments platform Integrated with global payment POS software, Big Data analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI), and underpinned by the NTS.
- Nauticus will become a global partner in Know Your Customer (KYC), an identity verification system that protects against theft, money laundering and terrorism financing, hence protecting our exchange users.
- ICO Gateway to establish resources for new ICOs. One of our dreams is to bring the blockchain community together.
What was the greatest challenge you have faced so far?
Trust is one of the most difficult things to obtain and from day one we wanted to make sure we gain the trust of our users and the blockchain community in general. We have been very transparent with all our processes and have established good communication channels with our registered users and potential clients and/or customers. As of today, we have more than 450,000 registered users and our friends in social media are in the thousands as well. Developing clear communication strategies has been a challenge, a rewarding one. Today all our users and followers on social media know where we stand and believe in us. They also know that Nauticus is registered with AUSTRAC as a remittance dealer and digital currency.
Where do you see your business in 5 years time?
By 2023 Nauticus Exchange will be positioned as one of the top five cryptocurrency and fiat exchanges in the world. Our eCommerce platform would have launched and hopefully will be competing with giants such as Amazon and Western Union. By 2023 we will be ready to launch our ICO Gateway and helping other startups develop successful projects based on blockchain technology. A conservative approach suggest that our expected grow will be $69.01 million in revenue ($27.87 million net profit) by 2023.
If you were to start again, what would you do differently? Why?
We would have established our official headquarters in a bigger space from day one. Moving in the midst of an ICO isn’t ideal.
What are the biggest factors that will bring success?
Trust. I can’t stress this enough, trust in the one thing that will bring success to any business. We have developed clear communication channels and strategies so that our users know what to expect from Nauticus Exchange and our other banking and eCommerce solutions, including our remittance service, (for which Nauticus is already AUSTRAC-registered).
What’s your advice to other ICOs or Bitcoin businesses who are just starting out?
Spend enough time planning and daydreaming to create your roadmap to success and then stop and reassess to make sure it’s credible. Ask for advice and let people challenge you. Only by questioning everything you do and allowing feedback you’ll be able to achieve your best and deliver and create a credible project with a credible timeline.
Aside from your website where else are you present on Social Media and how can people get in contact with you?
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram and LinkedIn. Our Telegram community is very active. Our Telegram customer-service team is available 24/7 and they can help you with everything you need. If you want to contact me directly, LinkedIn is the best option.
Disclaimer – We do not endorse or are not being paid to promote this ICO.